Friday 25 March 2011

The Beauty Regime

Hi! We are happy to launch The Beauty Regime, which is a blog inspired by all things divine and comical and mostly, of course by the music of The Divine Comedy. 

We (you can read more about us if you click here. Do click here, please!) couldn’t suppress our artistic nature in the love for the heavenly melodies, lyrics and style of The Divine Comedy.
 So one day it was decided to express it all in this blog. We begin our art marathon with the three drawings by us, and we hope this will put a start to a whole lot of amazing submissions inspired by the topics we will post monthly.

This month’s topic is The Divine Comedy. Be imaginative and daring!

You are also welcome to spend a couple of minutes (or hours, if you want to get philosophical) reading our very own and very random Q&A. I say, let the beauty regime reign forever!



Karina Yarv


 Have you read The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri?
I haven't finished reading it yet. I began...hm, when I was at school, hahah.

Is the art of conversation lost?
What? Why? Who said so?

Would Neil Hannon make a good president?
This is a really difficult question. I don't think I like presidents much, so I would prefer Neil
Hannon as a president of... Music Country then!

What was the first song by the Divine Comedy you heard?
It was 'Our mutual friend'. And it was amazing! When you see something and you are absolutely sure this is from YOUR life. This is about you or about your mood and the way you often feel inside.I began my twitter page with the words from this song - 'And I said "cool, the feeling's mutual”'. I really think this is one of the best songs ever. I find it very personal and thank you to Neil Hannon.

If you could be a musical instrument, which one would you be and why?
 I would be a violoncello.Why - because it has the most beautiful sound I've ever heard and sometimes it's a little bit too heartbreaking, but it's definitely in my mood :)

Your favourite line from the DC song
And I said, 'Cool, the feeling's mutual' 


Mark Standbrook
Have you read The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri?
Not all of it. Yet.

Is the art of conversation lost?
Yes. But I know where it is.

Would Neil Hannon make a good president?
Maybe - but the man himself would be the first to tell us that absolute power corrupts absolutely.

What was the first song by the Divine Comedy you heard?
The Pop Singer's Fear of the Pollen Count.

If you could be a musical instrument, which one would you be and why?
I think I'd be a double-bass - I'm large and clumsy and often bumps into door-frames!

Your favourite line from the DC song
Fame casts no shadow / Fame makes no sound / Fame leaves no footprints in the ground


Daria Hlazatova


Have you read The Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri?
I haven’t even started.

Is the art of conversation lost?
Lost and buried!

Would Neil Hannon make a good president?
Absolutely


What was the first song by the Divine Comedy you heard?
I saw Generation Sex on TV.

If you could be a musical instrument, which one would you be and why?
A piano. I'd stand by the window overlooking some busy London street. Or a harmonica, preferably David Bowie's.

Your favourite line from the DC song
I am gonna live in Sweden....Please don't ask me why. 
____________________________________________________

PS Hope you loved the idea/write-up/design (kudos to Karina!) and will visit again
... with friends! 


Daria + Karina + Mark 

1 comment:

  1. I love this! =D So glad to see these lovely artwork inspired by TDC, our mutual music hobby/inspiration, collected together. Hope to see more! ;-)

    ReplyDelete